Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hmmm should i be dumpster diving at a bar lol

Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 26, 06 at 6:39

okay on ebay some woman is selling 1000 beer bottle caps...they are going for 25.00 so far...might be an ideal to pay for xmas this year huh lol...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hmmm should i be dumpster diving at a bar lol

Would you decorate them in the new style with a pic inside of them? Those are kind of neat, I've seen them in primitive style, you hang them on an Xmas tree don't you? What else do they use them for?

Sal

o

omg people are doing all kins of things with bottle caps....putting them on tables then clear coating them...making dolls, bottle cap snakes....even... get this art...actually pictures just using different color bottle caps....

o

My mother used to crochet them and join them and used them to put hot dishes on.

o

My first thought, when I saw the title of your post, was, "I bet that's where I need to get blue bottles to finish my bottle tree!" LOL

Didn't think about the beer cap angle. But, you can bet that somebody would and would make money from it! LOL

o

Be careful of the dumpster you dive in, I might be in there and theres not much room unless you bring some fried chicken

o

MoJo--You might try just going inside and asking the bartender if he/she would save them for you. There's just no telling what you might find in that dumpster--and it might not be a friendly forum member like Papster 1000! LOL

o

Oh way toooo funny Papster, had me laughing out loud.

Mojo, I agree, better to go in ask for them to same them for you. All they can say is NO, right!!!

Sal

o

The used bottle caps are bent from the opener. I saw a bunch of brand new flat ones used for some mosaics at a craft fair. I wonder where they got them ? They were just plain - no writing . I wonder if the breweries sell them ?

o

Hobby Lobby sells the new ones but I don't know how much they are.

o

I thought I knew every inch of Hobby Lobby ....LOL...I don't remember seeing them ! Well - that's a good reason to take another trip out there *hehe*

o

The beer bottles now days, are twist off. the only reason I know since I rarely drink, is I have a small convience store.
So the bartender might have some in excellent shape,and many different kinds.
I will have to keep my eyes open and try to find some.
R.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here