Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Ideas for making rolling table

Posted by freezengirl (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 16, 06 at 2:49

Hi Everybody,
I lost track of what I wanted to ask while checking out all of your projects!

I am living in a seriously tiny home and had to pass along my wonderful table and chairs to my sister. My sister then found a piece of granite 26 inches wide by 6 feet long for me to create my own table/island. It needs to be on castors so that I can move it out of the way when not in use. I am so excited about her find but am at a loss as to what to use to support it. I had watched a program on HGTV where they made a table using plumbing pipe attached to a piece of 3/4 plywood with the slab on top but I lost the directions. Is there any chance that any of you might have either directions or a link to it? Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated. I could kick myself for getting rid of my mothers old Singer sewing machine just a few weeks ago!
Thank you for any ideas you may want to share with me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Ideas for making rolling table

I'd look for a old desk with some drawers and some chunky feet..something that had a 26 inche wide top OR a top that could be trimmed down to that size. Put some nice wheels on the feet and let the granite sit on top of the old desk top.
The wheels are going to be the big expense. You will have to take into consideration the weight of the granite and desk when purchasing the wheels. Last time I checked wheels were running between 5 and 9 a piece.

o

not sure how much room you have but how about a base unit cupboard (or two) that was on rollers with your top on it like a rolling island. If the cupboard was narrow you could have the top overhang more so you could get your legs under it better and use bar stools..
Diane

o

how about getting a chest of drawers you know 3 or 4 drawers small one.... add wheels .....paint to go with your kitchen add the top granite part...you will have the drawers to store pots pans etc also:) they did it check link

Here is a link that might be useful: junk brothers

o

6 ft. is pretty long if your kitchen is that small. How about a baby's changing table?

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here