Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Havn't been here in years but today

Posted by mini_me (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 21, 08 at 0:00

I bought a nice wicker baby basket at a thrift store and now I have no clue where to start! I can't seem to find any ideas or info on the net to "pretty" it up for use.

Anyone have ideas or know of a site that might give me some?

My dd is due with a baby girl the first week of December and I'd really like to get it set up really pretty and give it to her for a baby gift... with lots of fun Goodies" inside :)

The basket doesn't have legs so I can't make a long skirt. My dd is really into the pinks with soft browns that are popular right now.

Has anyone here fixed up a basket? Any thoughts or ideas you could share would be much appreciated!!

Thank you!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Havn't been here in years but today

Years ago,like 26 i did a moses basket for my new GD at the time.I made a new pad with foam,batting and fabric.Then i made pillow cases to use on it.I also covered the whole basket with quilted disney print,including the hood.I still have the cover,but no longer have the basket.

If you sew you can do the same thing.I didn't make a pattern,just measured,but if you're unsure of yourself you could make a pattern from an old sheet or something.It's not hard to do.
Let us see what you do when you're done with it.
Kathi

o

I notice that it has pretty rope threaded through it. Could you do some more, maybe another line just under the existing one and as you do it hang things off it on the outside. Baby toys or stars or tiny stuffed animals. You might be able to attach some things to the existing cord with pretty ribbon.

You could also spray paint the whole thing pink (tho its lovely as it is, just thinking about your daughters taste).Particularly if it will be used for decoration and storage, not for baby. I dont know anything about paint safety and babies, but you might be able to research it.

good luck, and post pics when you are done!
kathy

o

Mini Me, that's a great looking baby basket. My DIL is into the pinks and browns too. Just an idea, how about hot gluing some pink/brown polka dot ribbon to the edging on the sides in a "ribbon candy" fashion. Every so often, hot glue on a baby toy or something along that line. Make a liner for the inside using soft foam which you can find at Joann's Fabric & Craft Store and cover it in a brown/pink fabric, maybe a little matching baby quilt out of the same fabric.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. You might want to post your msg/pic on the Crafts & Decorations forum and see if the gals over there can come up with some ideas.

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here