Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I had some junk and then ....

Posted by r_murray (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 5, 10 at 23:33

Not garden junk so I hope they fit here. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I had some junk and then ....

Very Cool! Jan

o

Great job! Amazing work with everyday pieces. Love that angel. That veggie steamer presents endless possibilities.

It's fun to guess the other pieces, too. Besides sawblades, spatualas, washers, slotted spoon, seafood forks?

o

Wow!
Kathy

o

That fish is unbelievable ! Well - the rest are great - but my fave is the fish !!

*******I would L-O-V-E to dig in your junk pile !
PS ........

Is that a shoe stretcher with the holes ?

o

The fossilized fish uses a section from a shoe tree (stretcher); 6 8d nails, 11 odd-sized washers, a section of saw blade, a piece of sheet metal, and several different size scrap rods. The finish, beside the secret (ha, ha, ha,) application process, includes: paints, sealant, table salt, washed sand, and Spackle mounted on a 20" X 22" piece of hardboard. Oh, did I mention the one ingredient I often over-look: time. This piece took about a week to make but the idea was "swimming" around in my brain for about a month.

Some parts used in the other pieces: bicycle gears, half-round glass marbles, sugar tongs (getting harder to find), draw-pulls, various springs, chandelier parts, and, of course pieces of redwood fence pickets. Occasionally I will make a part, like the spears in the last picture.

o

Robert, I had to come here and see what you'd done. I think your fossil fish is amazing. But I like your Thunderbirds too. You must be part Indian to capture their essence so well. ;o)

o

Ice tongs! I have some of those, but my work probably wouldn't turn out as wonderfully as yours.

o

Robert, I really think you need to have a website my friend! Your work is really great! Love all of these too...glad I saw them because I forget to come to the T2T site!

o

Boy ,Robert .......... you DO need a gallery of your own !!! I am just so impressed with your creativity ....
You'll probably hear me tell you that over & over ! LOL

Thanks for the "secret ingredient" ( time - boy I know how a simple project can turn into a monster ! )You are truly an inspiration :)

o

You are an amazing artist!
Thank you so much for posting.
J

o

love that fish!!!

o

I agree with Marlene, Robert. You need your own website! I recently started my own blog on blogspot.com. It's really easy, and FREE! I'm having a blast playing around with it. I especially love you fish skeleton, and the other ones remind me of Native American thunderbirds. Keep 'em coming!

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

o

I like it all! And would use some of it
in the garden/patio/porch area!
Thanks for giving us the contents list.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here