Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Coat Rack (photo)

Posted by des_arc_ya_ya (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 13, 06 at 21:42

It is made from one of the two remaining porch posts from my Dad's birthplace home. The home was destroyed by a tornado in 1953. My dad was born in the house in 1917 (#8 of 10 sons!). The base is made from one of my uncles' old barns. Both pieces are cypress and handhewn.

My floor isn't dirty - that's shadows! lol (I sound like my brother used to when he didn't want to take a bath but I promise I'M telling the truth! LOL)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Coat Rack (photo)

CANNOT get the other photo to load, but it shows the coat rack "loaded"! It holds two or three denim jackets, a red cap and my purse.

Didn't realize until I looked at the photo that it also contains another one of my projects. The handprints behind the rack are three of my DGKs and they're framed in the top part of an old stove! Figured if I was gonna display them in the kitchen that kind of frame would be appropraite! LOL

o

I love your coat rack. How neat that it has some heritage to it. That's neat how you did the hand prints. And I love your dishes in your cupboard too!!!

o

Thanks, Cheri. Yep, I wouldn't take a wholelotta money for that old piece of cypress! LOL (Just wish my Dad had seen what I chose to do with it....)

Like my dishes, hu? So do I. Never particularly even liked green but those suckers are more addictive than drugs! LOL (Just glad I bought most of them before it went so sky high.)

o

What a great way to have a piece of your Dad's birth home in your own home. I bet he smiles down on you and especially at the pictures of the little ones' handprints. The green glass is lovely too.

Sal

o

hi
love the rack and the idea .
if I ever get back to decorating the kitchen again I love the idea of the stove top for a frame ,kinda a duh moment.
also like those dishes and you,re right they have gotten pricey around here.
I have a coffee table that is a pc of floor from my gma,s house and I had planned to use her old silverware as handles in the kitchen . thanks for the pics Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here