SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adellabedella_usa

OT - Garage Sale Happenings

Adella Bedella
18 years ago

I thought I'd would start a post on funny, weird, whatever, things that you've seen happen at garage sales, rummage sales, thrift stores, etc., since most everyone at this site goes places like this.

I'm sure this is pretty tame, but I had a weird experience this morning. I showed up a garage sale around 7:15 am. This lady saw I child and pointed me to a table of school/preschool supplies so I went over and looked. I picked up a brand new package of glitter glue and a ziplock bag with about 30 pencils. The pencils are the decorated kind with sayings, flags, etc., on them. They weren't all that special, but weren't yellow #2's either. There weren't any prices on them so I go up and ask "how much?" The lady said I could have the glitter glue for $.25, but she had meant to sell the pencils individually. She takes my package of pencils away and asks someone where the glass was that she was going to display them in. Yes, she had a buyer for ALL the pencils, but wanted to sell them individually. Whatever. I didn't want them that bad.

Anyone else have stories?

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets