Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Piano Feet

Posted by oceangirlme (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 21, 08 at 15:56

I found these brass feet on the curb this week. There's a top piece that has "legs" to it. I know that I could use it as a base of a table. I was also thinking about cutting the legs off, nailing the top and and just using it as a conversation piece. Does anybody else have any suggestions? Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Piano Feet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Piano Feet

I make a lot of birdhouses, and would use this as the bottom of one. Make a birdhouse the same size box as the one in the picture and add whatever you like to the top, Maybe the other piece would make a roof. If you cut off the legs, it won't be nearly as interesting. Linda

o

Is there any way you could use it as a towel or coat hanger? I'm not really sure of the size or what the top pieces looks like - but maybe the brass feet would be good for hanging things on?

o

No ideas here, but what a find!

o

Put a board, just bigger than the box, on the top of the box to make a shelf. Hang it on the wall. The 3 peddles then become hooks.
Glue ribbon/rope to a picture frame and hang your keep sakes on the peddle hooks. And what a great conversation that would be!
Vickie

o

Ahhh, that is a great find! I would trace the open-ended top and make a lid for it...using gold/or brass small hinges. Loosely line the inside with a piece of crushed brown velvet. I would sit this piece in my work area...either desk or countertop and use it for pens/colored pencils or stamps...whatever appeals. That is an unusual find! Jeanne S.

o

You could look for more old parts and have a grand collection :^)

o

I love it! I peeked at the other picture with the legs attached too. I love your idea of adding a small top and making a table out of it. Or as Linda mentioned add a birdhouse to the top.
Or if you have a mail delivery to your door make a mail box for the top and attach it to your home.
Or what about attaching a wood TP holder to the top for a standing dispencer. Talk about a conversation piece! LOL 8^P
~Becky <><

o

Absolutely wonderful fine, have no ideas but I like the pedals. Also loved the table I saw in your pictures, WOW!!

o

I would cover it with an upholstered board with a hinged lid, and use it as a 'foot' stool.....LOL...and a small storage unit...Very cute find!

o

So what did you decide to do with it oceangirlme?

o

Very interesting. Those aren't feet, but the damper and sustain pedals for a piano. I would be inclined to add a top that echoes the shape of the pedal box, just larger. I would decoupage and antique piano music on the top of the table, add brass nailheads around the edge, and have a cool side table.

o

Thanks for all of your great ideas. I'm not sure what I am going to do with this. We are moving into a new home at the beginning of November so I will see how I can use there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here