Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to crackle cd's (pic)

Posted by easystitches (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 5, 07 at 15:41

Can anyone help me get this crackle look on cd's?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to crackle cd's (pic)

I did this ! Place the CD in a bowl of water - ( it usually floats ) and stick it in the microwave on high . You'll see lightning ! The beams just etch the top - it's really cool to watch . Take it out when you're satisfied with the amount of crackle.

o

Thank you sooooo much!
This has been driving me crazy!
At a fair I went to they had them on hangers made of copper wire & embellished with some old costume jewelery
very pretty sun catchers & I'd like to do some more for the windows to keep the birds from flying into them. Jill

o

You're welcome ! I bet those hangers are pretty !

o

Easy, when you make some of those would you please post a picture? They sound like they would be so beautiful and would make economical but nice gifts.

o

I cracked my 1st one today, worked great!
Will post pictures when a get them made.

o

was it scary -- i mean using the microwave for that ?
how long did you put the cd in there for?
this is a very cool idea and i would like to make one
i cant wait to see your finished product!!!

o

I have a really powerful Microwave so I turned it down to 70% , then I put it in a plate of water & watched. I think it took about 30 seconds, I didn't get any fire works :(
So of course I had to see what happened when I did more & it crackeled more but never sparked.
I'd like to try some of those colored cd's & see what happens.
I need to get some copper wire next, I thought it was too expensive at Michaels so I need to hit the hardware store.
I hope this helps my little birdies, at a certain time of day they get dangerously close to the windows.

o

So what are you going to do with the cd?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here