SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klseiverd

BEST yard sale/flea market/thrift store finds!?!

anoriginal
13 years ago

I am admitted YS/FM/TS junkie! Go into serious withdrawl when the "season" for outdoor things is over and have to rely on thrift stores for a fix. I'm NOT into knick knacky stuff. Always on lookout for items (mostly kitchen) that I'm not willing to pay full price for. Often find things that I've seen on TV... obviously not great or owner would be keeping them. A few years back, we were bombarded with commercials for that pasta pot with the holes in the lid... guess for cooks who can't manage a collander?? They were everywhere at yard sales the following summer.

I have made some GREAT finds that I'd like to share.

Found a prisitine LeCrueset grill pan at Good Will... cast iron interior & perfect blue enamel exterior... $5... something like $100 at their site. Also at GW, a Cuisinart ice cream maker... $5... think they didn't know how to put it together... about $70 value.

At another thrift shop, found a KitchenAid hand mixer... still in box and beaters/dough hooks still in plastic. Sticker on box from Kohls said $69.99... I paid $5.

Cuisinart food processor with all blades... $8. Already had one. Bought it thinking, extra bowl. Ended up it was a step up from the basic model I had... slightly biger and definitely more powerful.

A few gidget-gadgets that I'm glad I didn't actually buy in a store. EX: Salad shooter (deluxe model with 5-6 different blades)... for $2-3 a good deal, but not a keeper. Bought a bread machine for a few $, cuz it looked like it had never been used and came with all the paperwork in the box. When I got bored with it, donated to thrift store for someone else to try.

Bought a mini version of a Tupperware container for $.50. Have a friend who collects them. SOmething rattled inside... bracelet and earrings... "silver & amber". Sell said... keep them. When I tried to clean them up, discovered a silver mark on them. Ended up they were REALLY silver and amber after all.

What great pre-owned finds have you made?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County