Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Display Case from Old Windows (photo)

Posted by Des_Arc_Ya_Ya (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 05 at 14:41

All I can claim from this project is the idea and I copied THAT from one I had seen! LOL DH made it for me from five old wooden windows that I had stored. He DID make additional storage underneath. I used that for storing large appliances, crock pots, etc.

Should have cleaned the kitchen table off first, before I made the photo, but hey, you guys understand, I betcha! LOL

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Display Case from Old Windows (photo)

What a great display case. I love it! Never seen anything like it. DH did a great job! I just bought 8 old windows Friday at a garage sale for a $1.00 ea. Have to show DH this project. Thanks for sharing.
Cheri

o

You're sure welcome! The one that I saw in an antique shop was sitting on something like a table top and just had legs at the bottom. We needed more storage so enclosed the bottom. The "bead board" stuff we used was the most expensive part of the whole project. DH kids me that those cheap windows cost us a fortune! LOL (We had to buy two 4X4s and he cut them in half for the legs for it.) It had to be something pretty sturdy as that sucker is HEAVY! He used 1X4s to make a frame for the bottom.

It has a glass shelf inside in between the two sets of panes.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you get a cabinet. I'd love to see what it looks like.

o
RE: Display Case from Old Windows (It's Ya Ya!)

Cheri, it's me again! LOL DH said to let us know if you need photos of the inside of the cabinet.....

o

Your DH was very generous and handy to do that for you. You should keep him.

o

Would love to see more pictures of it.
Really neat.

Carolyn

o

5 windows? Do you mean four? Where is the fifth one---I'm curious if it is a corner cabinet or a square? I like it alot!

o

Nope - five - there's one on top! It's a square but just pushed up into a corner.

o

Des Arc Ya Ya,
Yes, please post pics. Thank's for sharing! That's just a great project. I love how you used the bead board. Better give DH another pat on the back.
Cheri

o

Oh my goodness! That would make a great case for orchids!

Daisy, adding old windows to the list of things to look for.

o

Country shabby chic to the max. :)

Yer DH did good. He deserves a treat ;).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here