Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas for old musical instruments????

Posted by iowajewel (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 19, 06 at 13:47

Today I saw a show called "Outer Spaces" and she used an old tuba to make a water feature outside on a musical themed patio. It was really cute. THey also used the wooden frame of a guitar to make edge a sunken area for a pet turtle.
They also emptied out a upright piano, lined it with mirrors and recycled it into an bar! It was cute!
I was wondering if anyone has seen other ideas using musical instruments???
I am interested in making some of these things, but wonder if there are others that you have seen???
THanks, Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas for old musical instruments????

hi
this has come up on here before and I know I have seen a pic of a fountain with the tuba like you describe.
the link on this thread to pianodesk.com is a good one and real cool I still have a picture in my mind to build a cd case for my bro. shaped like a harmonica about 4 ft. tall so the holes are the slots for the cd,s with pressed tin for the sides. (he plays blues)
I like the idea of just the guitar or other instument case for a shelf with a door on it I just passed up some old cases at a sale that would have worked well .
I would think any brass instument and a fountain kit would be almost instant fountain .
would also think that if you put the word out that you wanted some music junk IE cases trumpet, trobone etc to maybe a music teacher they would hook you up cheap .
Rick

Here is a link that might be useful: instruments

o
RE: Ideas for old musical instruments????

Someone had posted this website on the garden junk side, and the artist got pissed off about the link being there, so he contacted the webmaster and had the post deleted. He has some beautiful creations, I just can't afford the price, but they are gorgeous to look at.

Here is a link that might be useful: Water Works

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here