Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Ideas...

Posted by sarahcorrigan (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 07 at 13:43

I'm getting ready to redecorate my living room in a shabby chic kind of motif. I am using shades of light pink (think dusty rose), mint green and white. I am painting all of my exsisting furniture to match the color scheme, except for my entertainment center. We have a solid oak thing that was expensive and we don't want to paint. So I am moving it to the bedroom.

I looking for ideas on something unique and unusual to use as an entertainment center that can be painted. I'm good with tools, so some major construction is okay. I am thinking about using a couple of old doors and making something, to fit the space, but I haven't figured out the actual idea yet.

So, I am dunking into the think tank here, because you guys come up with some of the neatest stuff!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Ideas...

Have you checked out Robolady and Thrift Shop Romantic's web pages? They both post on here and have lots of pics of projects on their web sites. They usually post a link on their posts, so you could just type their name in the search box to find them. Hope you come back and post pics of your projects as you complete them. Have fun. Luvs

o
RE: Looking for Ideas...

A chest of drawers with the drawers removed or made into doors...

A old steamer trunk, turned on its side so the lid becomes a door.

If you have a wide screen or large tv, a old coffee table makes a great new cabinet..you can add "shelf" under the top between the legs for dvd players, cable boxes..ect..

Depending on the size of the tv..a bakers rack...

I love shabby chic by the way. And I have those colors together...they are a great soft color choice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here