Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recycling old tires to beauty!

Posted by taunia (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 07 at 13:25

Hello, I really didn't know where to put this, but it was so interesting and I wanted to share this site that I found. It looks pretty cool. Enjoy.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to make planters out of old tires

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recycling old tires to beauty!

That looks really interesting. Its just about time to get new tires for my car, I may have to enlist hubbys help and try one of these.

o

Too bad I didn't see this idea earlier. My DD drove my DS's car with a very low tire. Evidently, she hit a pot hole, which damaged the side wall of the tire. There was no way to repair the tire, either. My DH left the damaged tire with Sears when he bought the new one.

o

lol I was explaining these tires to my husband and he laughed and said that his mother had one in her yard for years. He already knew exactly how to cut it and turn it inside out. I guess I had just never noticed it lol.

o

I have never done this but I have heard you can cut them with a jig saw on a slow speed.............it would be easier and safer than using a knife...(for me at least, I'm prone to cutting myself with knives)
Diane

o

I wonder if it will work with motorcycle tires? We own a mc shop and pay $1 per tire for proper disposal. Oh honey can you look at this idea...?

o

Very nice, but it looks hard to do.

o

those have been around for years.. My paternal grandmother had one all of my life. Now my mom has one... it's funny how ideas resurface.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here