Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
50+ empty jars

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 08 at 12:16

My sister bought me a box of these small canning jars at a yard sale. I made some labels for a few of them. My grandson filled one jar with kisses and another with hugs, and we quickly put lids on them before they could leak out :)Now we can get a hug or a kiss from him even when he's not here! I made a few other labels that say "snips" "snails" "puppy dog tails"..and of course "hugs" and "kisses". I used a different font for each,but the same silver discs and paper and color ink. Will make another set for my other grandson, and one for my granddaughter that will be "sugar" "spice" "everything nice"...loved this quick project! The silver discs came from Dollar General from the frames and crafts section, had puffy plastic words on them that I pulled off and stuck my own typed words onto. I'll still have a lot of these jars leftover...maybe I should make a spice-rack type holder for some more empty ones with labels on them...hope you can see, had to use cell phone to take pics

Here is a link that might be useful: empty jars

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 50+ empty jars

How cute. You are a clever lady. Lynn

o

They would make great gifts at Christmas filled with peppermint candy ... or miniature marshmallows... spiced tea...especially with your creative labels and add some festive ribbon. Great find from your sis'. Jeanne S.

o

I like them!! Easy project too.

You could also use them in the bathroom with bath salts and handmade lotions.

o

Those are really cute.

They can even be used as place settings or even hostess gifts.

Pearls of Wisdoms jars!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pearls of wisdom

o
More pearls of wisdom...

Here's another style

Here is a link that might be useful: Cute decorated hostess/place jar

o

njtomboy...that's just the cutest thing! how funny that I collect pearl necklaces from thrift stores and yard sales,too, so I have a lot of pearls and pearl beads :) both of those are really great and something I could make..thank you so much for sharing.
these are all excellent ideas, I've made lots of bath salts in the past,soaps,bath fizzies,etc. and these would be perfect for bath salts, thank you so much Lydia:) Thank you Lynn:) Thank you Jeanne:)
I helped my grandson paint some broken pine cone pieces with green glitter glue, we put some in a jar and called them dragon scales. The pine cones are cinnamon scented so that's a bonus:)

o

You'll have a lot of fun using these. I had a similiar jar & for my sister/BIL's 25th anniver. I put in blue tissue paper (both like blue), unrolled quarters, dimes, nickels & poured into the jar. (it WAS a silver anniv, after all :-)
There were none others like it at the reception !!!

o

I was thinking the Christmas idea as well Jeanne, and filled with all the goodies mentioned, what a great gift.
Gotta start thinking Christmas around here early!
Very clever and soo charming!

o

You are SO welcome!!! Be sure to post pics of your newly inspired creations!!! LOL

o

Another idea is to put an inch or so of beach sand, a few shells and a votive candle in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here