Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Covered picture frame

Posted by sudiepav (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 29, 05 at 12:15

I made the coolest thing for my son's birthday. It was so easy that my 2 yr o GD helped! When my son was in high school, he had a favorite shirt that I finally had to hide so he'd quit wearing it because it was in tatters. I tried to buy a replacement but never found anything close. I've saved it all these years (he'll be 30 in October) and I got a terrific idea from a friend who did this with her dad's old shirt. I got a 16 x 20 unfinished picture frame, then cut the shirt in strips about 3-4" wide. I started winding them around the frame, not pulling too tight, so that I could fit a piece of glass into the groove on the back. I tucked them into each other, stapling on the back in a few places (that's what Sarah helped with). I was sure to use the front placket with the buttons, the pocket, the collar. I am going to put glass in it(I had a piece cut at Hobby Lobby; they were a little taken aback but did it anyhow.) I cut a mat and put in a picture of him in his high school baseball uniform. He's seen the frame my friend Barbara has and thought it so neat, but I think I'll get serious eye-rolling from my DIL the interior designer. All of you on the Gulf please keep safe.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Covered picture frame

Sounds nice - got a picture?

o
RE: Covered picture frame

Ahhh,Techsupport...I need you to visit! I have a digital camera, and my goal this summer was to learn to post pix. I need to master that...don't even know how to get the Memory card(?) to the computer. My son can help...just need to pin him down. I promise to learn soon and get some pictures of this (and many other) projects. Thx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here