Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new junk! What to do?

Posted by lady_alicia (afinalword@aol.com) on
Fri, Aug 26, 11 at 10:58

I picked up a bunch of little things yesterday. There's a metal garbage can I thought I could decopauge? Wooden sliverware that maybe I could make a wind chime out of? Wooden cutting boards I could make signs out of? Any better or other ideas??

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry for the large pictures. I don't know how to make them smaller.
Thanks!
Alicia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new junk! What to do?

I like your ideas.
You could mosaic parts of the little shelf or the whole cutting boards.
Kathy

o

Thanks, Kathy. I've been brainstorming on what to do with that spice rack. I like the mosaic idea! I saw some people use it as a nail polish holder or craft paint holder. I don't have craft paints (yet!), but I do have nail polish. Not near enough to fill that up, though. And the other people's had fronts on each shelf so they wouldn't fall out easily, so I don't know how good it will work the way it is. Can't think of anything else to do with it! Help! Anyone?

I turned it sideways and looked at it for 20 minutes trying to get a different idea. :) How does everyone come up with their ideas?! Just plain old creativeness, I suppose.....

o

Could you hang spice rack horizontal from ceiling and hang stuff like dried flowers from it?

o

Oooooh, I like that idea. I dry Sweet Annie all the time, so maybe I could use it for that. But now that you gave me the idea of hanging it like that, it might open up other ideas for me also.

Thanks for the idea!
Alicia

o

Once made a wreath for my kitchen with a messa thrift store wooden spoons, forks and other utensils.

o

That's creative! I think I'd rather do that than the wind chime. I almost didn't buy them, but then I thought, what the heck. I seem to have a lot of what-the-heck purchases! I can always count on GWeb members to help me come up with something to make, though. I better get busy and do something with them.....

Thanks for yet another great idea.
Alicia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here