Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chair planter

Posted by parker806 (parkervicki2000@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Aug 6, 07 at 10:09

i need some ideas on making a planter out of an old chair. what materials do you use to plant your seat? i love these and first saw one at my hubby brothers house about 12 years ago. have lots of old chairs to get started with and want to make them to sell them at craft shows minus the plants but want to plant a few for me. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chair planter

You can use just about anything.
My chair has hens & chickens in it, & requires little or no care.
Then I have a rocker painted in rainbow colors with a fuchia on the seat. My goal is to plant a peony under it so that it will have the rocker bottom as support & maybe not fall over so bad.

o

If your chair still has the seat part in it, you can sit your pot on top of it or you can cut a hole in it to set your pot into. If you have a chair without a seat, you can staple chicken wire to it and line it with sphagnum moss or a cocoa liner and plant away. Here are a couple of links that give instructions.

http://www.frugal-home-decor.com/articles/042701c.shtml

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf28249398.tip.html

Here is a pic of one of my chairs that I put a cocoa liner in.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And this one has an old dish drainer that I stuck down into the chair to set a pot into.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Just use your imagination and you can come up with some pretty chair planters. As far as which plants to use, most any plant will do well. Please post a picture of your chairs when you get them finished. Also, check out the Garden Junk forum. Some people there have made plenty of beautiful chair planters as well as other things you might be interested in. http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/junk/

Here is a link that might be useful: Shysue's Album

o

Shysue, I love your petunia chair!
Check the link below to see another chair. It's a blog site of a lady that has a gorgeous cottage home. Scroll down to Aug. 6th. I check her blog almost every day.
Debbie in Florida

Here is a link that might be useful: Cherry Hill Cottage

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here