Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm a long-time lurker, and i just wanted to tell you

Posted by pegtn (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 07 at 9:23

all that I love the creative work that you do. I love to go to yardsales, flea markets, and thrift stores looking for treasures to re-do. I grew up working in a craft store, so I learned a little bit about decorative painting as a teenager. I still love to paint. I also love to refinish pieces also. For some reason, i'm drawn to small side tables, end tables, and night stands. I love to strip the paint or old varnish off just to see whats hiding underneath lol. Sometimes i will stain the piece, but if the wood is not in good shape, then I will paint it. Right now I am working on an old small table that I paid $1 for, another small 1/2 round end table that i paid $3 for, a night stand i got for $10, and a small three legged stool with a handle on it. I have them all stripped, I just need to sand them down some more and they will be ready to stain. In another post, I asked about other uses for a silverware chest i bought. I am thinking of maybe making it into an art supply chest for my neice. Any other ideas on what to do with it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm a long-time lurker, and i just wanted to tell you

I've also wondered about those silverware chests. You see them all the time at garage sales. You wonder where the silverware is! Welcome to the board, and I'd love to see some of your work. I admire people that refurnish old furniture. I don't have the patience for it. Please take some pictures and show us what you've done!

o

Welcome to the forum Peg, you'll have a wonderful time posting and participating now that you've come out of lurkdom. Have you checked out "Robolady" "Margo's" website yet? She's got some fantastic ideas of her own and of others on furniture transformations. You'll just love her new homemade porch "bed bench". It's so lovely.

Sal

o

Oh I just love Robolady's site. I've spent alot of time there the other day just looking around lol. Lots of beautiful transformations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here