Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Find

Posted by lpalta (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 9, 10 at 8:31

My niece picked these up at a garage sale, she knew I was looking for some chairs. I love them and will be shopping this week for fabric to reupholster the cushions. I have stripped the old covering off completely. I didn't like the vinyl nor the very thick foam padding. Is there a fool proof way to cover a round cushion without having a lot of gathering of fabric? Just place foam followed by fabric and cut up to the seam all around, before stapling?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Find

Like the chairs and love the baby sniffing around the legs of one.
Can't help with the 'no gathering' idea....

o

The only way to avoid the "gathered" look is to make a boxed cushion. The top will be the same size as whatever padding you use. It will be sewn to a "side" that is as wide as the padding is tall. Then you would sew all of that to the bottom which would be large enough to go under the seat and staple to the backerboard. You can add piping in the top and bottom seams of the side piece. It will be a bit hard to attach the side piece to the bottom piece unless you put a zipper in the side piece. Email me if I can be of further assistance. My email address is available at "my Page". Just put Gardenweb seat cushions or something in the subject line so that I will open the post :^)

o
and again........

PS: I forgot to say that I LOVED your inspector!!! Too cute!

o

WOW....great find...love them!

o

jaybird, you gave me his name. I will call him Sherlock! He likes to break out of his cage. He plays with the latch and next thing the door opens with him hanging on for dear life.

o

I love those chairs. A few years ago my daughter had a bunch of then sitting in her yard. I wanted a couple of them and my husband informed that I wasn't going to bring home any more junk! So one night a friend of mine and I went to her house, got 2 chairs, brought them back to my house where I hid them in the bushes. You gotta do what you gotta do!! He found them in the bushes before I got them painted and seats made for them, but he didn't leave home. Then I found a table to go with them at a yard sale. Hid it in the spare bedroom under a blanket. They looked great after I painted them and made seats and cushions. I nearly had to twist his arm until it broke to get him to admit that he liked them.

o

Very cute story...I will be looking for more pictures of Sherlock!
Thanks for posting.
J

o

Ahhh! Sweet little kitty. Sherlock is a wonderful name.

The chairs are/will be cute, too; but they pale by comparison to the baby boy!

o

check here:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4760434_recover-round-seat-cushions.html
or here:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2199152_reupholster-kitchen-stool.html

Robert

o

My heart is sad as I post this message. Our little Inspector Sherlock ran under our car as we were pulling into our garage...

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

o

Overkill on fabric size...

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

o

lpatla I'm so sorry for you... My heart goes out to you...

It probably doesn't mean as much now but your chairs look wonderful...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here