Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Memo Boards

Posted by mjowest (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 8, 08 at 7:58

I took the enamelware trays that come out of old stoves, tin tops and metal plates- drilled two holes in them, and hang them with jute (doubled or tripled).

Do they look too plain?

Thoughts???

thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Metal Memo Boards

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Memo Boards

What a great idea!
I don't think they are too plain, what with the magnets and messages on them, they are great!
This is a keeper!

o

No, I don't think so. I especially like the "speckled" one!

o

What a great idea for a bulletin board type thingy. Magnets, pictures, etc. would look great on them, or they look cool just plain.

o

Great repurposing! I love embellishing everything... a way you can do it w/taking away from the whimsy of your creation is to add magnets decorated w/jewelry, rhinestones, flowers etc.. whatever you love... You could even change them out season to season.

Here is a link that might be useful: magnets on message board

o

I knew I got those earrings for a reason.... just didn't know why until today!!

Thanks, everyone!

o

OooOOOhh what a great idea:) Love the speckled one,too.

Man, I knew when I picked up that green metal tray at GW I should have bought it. Maybe it's still there! Love the ear clips glued onto magnets!

o

Very clever idea! I need memos all over my house to keep my ADD brain functioning but can't stand dull, post'em notes. Those really make me feel dumb!
I took an old cookie sheet, painted it bright red and hung on my sons door for his "Remind me to do my chores" board.
Your use of the enamelware stove trays are very classy and would go with any decor.
Vickie

o

I just re-read my post... That's a picture I found on Flickr.. That is NOT mine... LOL

Just wanted to be clear...

I love researching inspirational pieces! LOL

o

I love them! What a neat idea vintage look too. I just figured out what to do with all those vintage trays I bought at a garage sale for five cents each more than a decade ago.
Love the earring magnet idea too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here