Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broken pieces of china and pottery

Posted by oceangirlme (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 17, 08 at 7:10

Does anybody know how to age/dull broken pieces of pottery? I'd like them to look like the rare pieces of china that you find on the beach with worn, softer edges. I'd prefer not having to invest money into a tumbler. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broken pieces of china and pottery

I got a brand new toy tumbler at a thrift store for $3 after reading about how amazing they work on broken china....

I would suggest shaking them in a glass of gravel.. but that would take WAY to long! How abut checking those large thrift stores for a toy tumbler... or requesting one on freecycle... I am SURE it's an items most kids will out grow (providing mom is not a crafter -lol).

o
RE: Broken pieces of china and pottery

Check out the stained glass and mosiac forum. There have been several posts on this subject. Very helpful...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here