Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ugly Mirror Rescue (pic)

Posted by iris21 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 20, 06 at 6:39

I didn't take a "before" picture of this, but it's just one of those big rectangular mirrors with no frame on it that are so common in bathrooms. I didn't want to try to take it down by myself, or to mess with power tools (still packed away from my move), so I glued craft marbles around the edge. It was a very inexpensive fix, and another fun use of the hot glue gun.

Here's a pic:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ugly Mirror Rescue (pic)

Oh, how pretty, Iris! Your stenciling is pretty, too, did you do it?

o

Thanks, Des! Yes, I did it and it's not stenciling -- it's just freehand painting. I put a few more pictures of that bathroom and some other projects in the Gallery on the "Decorative and Tole Painting" board if you want to see them. Here's the link:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/tole/nph-ind.cgi?type=gal

Do you do stenciling? If you do, I'd love to see some pics.

o

It's "JUST" freehand painting???? Good heavens, Girl, that's some talent you have! I'm totally jealous
It's beautiful and I like the way you did the mirror.

Karen

o

Karen, thank you, but you can learn to do this if you want! Check out the Donna Dewberry books, and have fun! You might also be able to find a class in your area. Around here Michael's Crafts teaches classes in it. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here