Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New here - Rocking Chair Transformation

Posted by iris21 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 20, 06 at 6:16

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, but really enjoying it and looking forward to meeting you all. I just posted a few pics in the Tole Painting Gallery, and it dawned on me that this one should go here.

I picked this rocker up at a garage sale for next to nothing years ago, and finally decided to do something with it. Here is the only before pic I have, and it's an "in progress" pic. Notice the water stains on the back of it, which is why I think they sold it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's the completed project:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New here - Rocking Chair Transformation

Love it! Your tole painting is fabulous!

o

Oh my gosh! That's wonderful! I wish I could paint things in such an expert looking way but it just ain't gonna happen! LOL

By the way, welcome to the TtoT forum. We're glad to have you.

Hi, Lydia!!! (Wavin' like Granny Clampett attcha!)

o

Nice painting on the chair - welcome to the forum. We want more pics you know, we want more. Where did you paint on the Tole Painting forum, please post here too.

Sal

o

- Thank you, Lydia1959. Really, I'm just a beginner on the painting.

- Thanks, Des (and HI again). I'm not an accomplished painter by any means. All I did was watch Donna Dewberry on TV and picked up a few of her books. I practiced on cardboard boxes. I think my trash men must have been scratching their heads when they saw all those painted boxes at the curb. lol!

- Hi Sal. Thanks for your kind words. I put stuff in the Tole Painting Gallery here:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/tole/nph-ind.cgi?type=gal

I've got one more post to do to the Gallery over on the Tole board when I get a round tuit. :-) I didn't post them here because they weren't exactly T2T. Hard to know whether to post in crafts, or tole, or here, ya know?

I hope you will all post lots of pics of things you've done! I'm really eager to see them. I *LOVE* T2T projects, don't you? They're the best!

o
Price?

I'm probably going to sell that chair because I just don't have room for it. But what should I ask for it if I do?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here