Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Window wall

Posted by dian57 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 17, 05 at 6:13

I needed a visual divider between my patio and a small daylily/hosta garden. I thought this was a good solution to keep the dog and visiting young children from walking off the patio into the garden. The window came right out of someones trash pile and the color is matched to the house.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Window wall

That looks good. My sister-in-law has a cafe, and she took some old windows and hung them from the ceiling with white chains and placed wreaths or vines on them and they look great!!

o

that's a wonderful idea and it's beautiful. I have about 6 old windows. Thanks for the new idea. ALice

o

Terrific -- I was recently given some old windows --- have them stored in the barn --- loved the divider and need one similarly placed to yours -- hope you don't mind if I "snatch" the idea. Also really like what Coppertop shared -- had been trying to figure out how to use a window
as a headboard -- can suspend and add a grapevine wreath and some dried pieces --- it will look terrific --- thanks for the ideas.

o

Wow! a headboard? What a cool idea!! That should look very gardeny shabby chic. send a pic if you can.

o

I love it! Hmmm, a trip out to the reuse garage at the local county landfill looks to be in order the first of next week..I've been wanting to do the headboard idea, but our bedroom is done in a hunting cabin theme and haven't quite figured out how to carry it off..
gardenlady

o

So, do you have the glass in there, or not. I can't tell by the picture.

Love the idea, might copy it too?

Moni

o

What a great idea. Looks wonderful.

Mary

o

OklaMoni--nope, no glass. I worry about little ones tripping and getting hurt. The iron crosses were in the $1 clearance pile at Michael's and the balls are just styrofoam with pebbles mosaiced to. I need to add more chain so the balls fall closer to the center of the panes.

No need to ask to use the idea, I figure the more the merrier! And post your version if you decide to make one.

o

What a great idea. I have an old window screen from my grandma's house I don't know what to do with it.

o

It really looks neat! Don't you love it when you can use something that otherwise would have been thrown away to make something attractive AND useful!? Good job!

o

What a great idea! You did such a nice job on it too.
Suzi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here