Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old suitcase

Posted by junkgirl (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 12, 05 at 23:54

I curb shopped an old Samsonite hard shell suitcase. It's naugahyde I guess. Does anyone know what to clean the sticky label goo off with? It looks like it's been on a few trips and I don't mind the "beat up" look, but I cant seem to remove the glue stuff. alice

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old suitcase

Buy a product called De-Solv-It at your local store. Wal-mart, K-mart, Walgreens, they all seem to have the stuff. It's near the laundry section...runs about $5.00. Wonderful product.
Good luck, have fun with your find.
Jan

o

There is also a product called Sticker Lifter by Goo Gone that works really well.It has a little plastic thingy with it to lift the sticker off with.Goo Gone will also work.Both products are available at Wal-Mart.
Lillie

o

Before buying anything special, try fingernail polish remover (with acetone), or paint thinner. Mayonaise also works for glass, not sure how it would work on the suitcase.

o

Varsol might do it - about $5.00 a gal., I think.

Check among friends whether anyone has some that would give you a quarter-cupful.

Alcohol might do the job.

Or ... gasoline would almost certainly do it.

But - be sure to use it outside, and use only a very little with very little rubbing. Let rag dry throoughly before disposal and do so with care.

Hope you find an inexpensive way to achieve your goal - it's sure to be there. Without using expensive customized products, I'm sure.

joyful guy

o

I find WD40 takes off goo. Just spray on, wait a few minutes for it to work and wipe goo/stickers away.

o

I have used cooking oil too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here