Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Me Decide, Wouldya!? (Photo)

Posted by des_arc_ya_ya (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 14, 07 at 22:06

Bought a bunch of old gold colored tarnished flatware. Had decided to take an old flywheel from a tractor (or very old car!) and turn it into a windchime. Even if the sound wasn't very melodic, thought it would be a neat idea. As I was laying it out to see how it was gonna look, Twinkie (my DH) and I both thought that it looked pretty cool just as it was. What about it? Would you mount it on something and use it as is, or would you make a windchime?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Me Decide, Wouldya!? (Photo)

I like the look of it as it is, i would put it on a wall, would make an interest topic of conversation.

o

I like it like that (know a welder?), but also like the idea of a windchime (although the flywheel seems a bit large for that).

Stealing your neat project! hehe...

o

Lydia, if I go with the idea of a windchime we're gonna drill small holes in the handles of the silverware and tie them with clear fishing type line in the holes of the flywheel. It's mostly for the "look" rather than the sound, I'm sure! LOL

Steal my idea - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! LOL

o

How about a photo holder? You could mount the wheel to the wall, bend the spoons and forks at the mouth end so you can slide a photo in, attach the utensils by the hand part to the wheel. You might be able to use liquid nails to adhere them to the wheel, not sure but liquid nails is amazing stuff. OOOOHHh you could even paint the wheel and the utensils to match your decor! Good Luck and let us see the finished result!

o

what about a clock? you can maybe recyle from another clock? or buy a new clock kit?

o

My DH suggested a clock, also. So far, it's still laying in the floor! LOL

o

I thought clock as well.. very creative!

o

It doesn't have to "be" anything. It looks so good as it is...a beautiful piece of art.

o

Nah, it would look AWFUL..........send it ALL to me and I will use it on the TABLE!!!!!!

It's cute Ya-ya.....and it's REALLY great to see you back to your normal highjinks!!!!

o

LOL Thanks, Jaybird.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here