Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Real Antique Chair Found - Sticker Pic

Posted by
craftylady-2006
(gw:craftylady-2006) on
Sat, Jul 29, 06 at 21:02

Here is a pic of the sticker on the underseat of the chair.

I think it says "Stickley & Brothers" - found that info on the web.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stickley Chair Sticker

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Real Antique Chair Found - Sticker Pic

Yea, You got it posted. I'm so happy for ya!!! Hope you can find some info on your chair.

o

I think if I were you, I'd contact the Stickley company, and send the pictures you've posted here, and see what they can tell you.

Most Stickley furniture is more arts & craft style than this. This chair makes me "itch", saying I think it IS old. Wonder if they could even repair it for you by replacing the leg.
Great find. No, NOT in the garden!

o

Craftlady: post your picture on the American Bungalow Magazine bulletin board. Lots of experts there.

I found a "SIGNED" Limbert sewing rocker in an antique store for $50.00. In original condition. Limbert was a contemporary of Gustav Stickley. I was SO excited.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/joyce6333/detail?.dir=5e5c&.dnm=9a34.jpg&.src=ph (having trouble linking this photo. Hope you can see it)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here