Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'You're not really throwing

Posted by liljunkr (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 27, 10 at 18:21

that away are you?" I asked the handyman at work about this pile. He had a skill saw in hand and was hauling pieces to the dumpster in the back parking lot at work. "Yep" he says ME "OH NO I'll just put it in my van & make sure it don't go to a land fill." He wouldn't even help load it I did it alone.
Then DH and neighbor helped unload in front of garage.
busted and twisted old wood from the trash

A gal of free staining wood protector, a free-cycled paint brush and a multiple recycled steel bowl.........
a gal of wood protector stain free from garage cleanout

lots of elbow grease, lots more sweat, a very little blood (mine) a few tears (also mine).........

lots of elbow grease and

plenty of screws (also free-cycled) and a few splinters,
mild swearing (mine again) some laughter (DH and neighbor).........

multiple screws and splinters

in a few hrs a day in 2 days

Photobucket

We have this.........
it looks like this

PRICELESS.............
had coffee this morn at the table

I don't think it belongs in a landfill yet!!!!!!

LIL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'You're not really throwing

Nice save! What is the matter with people?? So wasteful sometimes...

o

Looks like it is ready for years of service! Tho you might want to put down a couple of concrete blocks in front of it to keep anyone from running into it!! Hope you heal fast from your labors, they were not in vain!! A nice glass of ice tea & a good magazine & you're all set!! Jan

o

That is awesome! What a great save, and what a great job you did! Congrats!

o

Who would have thought! You did! What a good idea and good work. It looks wonderful.

o

It is shocking what is thrown away! I wish our dump had a "free" area, I'm sure that people would use it who are too much in a hurry to drop things off at the thrift store.
Good save!
Kathy

o

Amazing! That table is still so new that it is not completely weathered on the undersides of those boards. How lucky you also got the sealer/stain for it. It looks great. Good save! Cheryl

o

Good Save. Shame on him for trying to fill the landfill. I see lots of good years still to come.

o

Go You!! what a great save! Way to upcycle!

o

WOW! It's gorgeous!!! Love that you made something out of it! Veeeeeeeeeeery green!

o

Thanks gals and guys for the good words.

Mission accomplished!
This past Tuesday I finally got the table moved from the front driveway (where we did the work) to the patio out back (took most of this time to clear off and rearrange the patio). Three gymps and a little hand cart movers. 30 feet in 20 minutes. It is heavy and awkward but oh so sturdy!!!!! LOL

It has been so nice to have my morning coffee under the shade of the umbrella and watch the birds flit around the yards. Next week-end we are doing the first B-B-Q and see if it will stand up to 5 hefty men sitting at it. It is reinforced so well I could drive my truck unto it and it will stay together. LOL

LIL

o

Great save. Good for you. You did a great job. Will last you for yrs. tfs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here