Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain barrel

Posted by garyfla (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 18:04

Hi
have a leaky 80 gallon one. have tried to fix it 3 times but failed. Any other use for it?? Too deep and big for either a leaf or composter. has a rather odd shape so bags won't fit it. Any ideas??? gary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain barrel

I don't but put it on Garden Junk forum as they find all kinds of interesting things to do with junk. One lady used oxygen tubing that was green colored for leaves for flowers she made. They might have a great idea, pic would help!

o

Hi
Can't think of anything that falls into the catagory "junk" as much as a leaky rain barrel?? lol
It's too big and deep as a composter odd shape means bags won't fit it so won't even hold trash lol.
guess I'll set it in an out of the way place in the yard until i become inspired!!! Thanks gary

o

How about a planter? Make it even 'leakier' by putting additional holes in the bottom. Fill with topsoil or potting soil. Plant flowers :-) We did that with a boat... I don't know why a rain barrel wouldn't work!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here