Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reusing Old Kitchen Cabinets in Basement- Need Ideas!

Posted by Taupe79 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 14, 05 at 16:57

Okay, I know these were never exactly trash (since they were our old ones), but I am finding that those who reuse, recycle, and repurpose items often have a lot of vision! So, I'm asking for help!

I have our old cabinets, both top and bottom, as well as the countertops. I know I want to creat more storage and hang them/place in the basement, but I can't get a feel for how it would look or a good way to line up/arrange the cabinets. I've looked on the web and surprisingly found nil.

Does anyone have any ideas? Pictures that you've seen or found? Your own similar project (we're hoping to put a few in the garage for DH but are stumped where to begin there as well)? A website that I couldn't find?

I guess I just need some inspiration- someone else's idea to expand from or something. I'd appreciate any and all help! Thank you!! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reusing Old Kitchen Cabinets in Basement- Need Ideas!

We took some old cabinets out of our cabin and used them in my studio, I painted them with a dark blue, and copper paint, using a rag roll method, We put them along one wall, and I now have storage for my supplies. If you have a space that is open, start there, even drawing how you might want to use them. If its in the laudry room, or even for stuff that you keep in storage most of the time. We also got some old cabinets from my work and put them along the long wall in the garage, uppers and lowers, they now serve as a storage for kids sports equipment, car stuff, and animal treats. Along with my own paint sprayers, and chemicals

o

Would you happen to have pictures of your studio or garage? If not, that's okay, but your paint-job and set-up sound really neat! Thanks for replying!

o

What a great idea -- could even be a downstairs kitchen of sorts -- add a mini-fridge and even hook up a sink if possible -- what a great movie/TV/entertainment lounge!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here