Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help needed - ideas to convert kitchen chairs into stools???

Posted by npfldmom (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 18, 05 at 16:36

I just found a great table top and separate set of legs that together are going to make a great breakfast bar in my kitchen.

My problem is that I love my hand painted kitchen chairs. If they were taller they would be perfect.

Does anyone have a good plan for the sturdy addtion of 6 - 8 inches to the bottome of chairs? Best idea I can come up with is big, ugly industrial wheels.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help needed - ideas to convert kitchen chairs into stools???

Buy inexpensive bar stools and exchange the legs for the chair legs? Is there some way you might take the legs off the chairs and attach a thick board on the bottom of the chairs then put the original legs back on? If that doesn't make the chairs tall enough then you could add rollers for a few more inches of height.Or you could just make a table height breakfast bar! I always though I had to have a bar in my kitchen.When I finally got one I figured out it is very uncomfortable to sit at.Bar stools are too high for comfort and not easily moved when you are sitting in them.I much prefer a table height one or just a tiny bit taller than table height so my feet still touch the floor.....Lillie

o
RE: Help needed - ideas to convert kitchen chairs into stools???

Does your breakfast bar have to be tall?, couldn't you make it at a comfortable height to use the painted chairs you love so much.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here