Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot tub to fish pond?

Posted by postum (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 28, 05 at 15:33

Hi - I'm a newbie here - usually on the decorating forum. Anyhow, my koi are outgrowing their pond and I happened to notice on craigslist that quite a few people are giving away their old hot tubs. I want a pond that is ground-level. Do you think if I dug a hole and plunked one of these in it would work? I'd scavenge some bricks/gravel/slate for a border around the pond.
Also - anyone know how much a hot tub weighs? Won't be cost effective if I have to hire three guys to move it...
Thanks!
Amy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot tub to fish pond?

I think it would make a great fish pond.

But regarding weight, it depends if the people are giving away only the shell, or the pumps and supporting equipment too, including the frame. Usually the shell sits on a deck in a wooden frame (if freestanding), plus you have pumps and a heater, and wires and tubing.

I think it would require at least 2 guys just to handle the shell part.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here