Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
painting a garden shed

Posted by mousey1004 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 29, 06 at 14:35

Has anyone here ever painted flowers on a metal garden shed? I have a aprox. 6x8' metal garden shed. It is painted brown and sticks out like a sore thumb. I am painting it light grey ( using TremClad paint)It has 4 metal panels aprox 2x6' on one side that I would like to paint a few large simple flowers. I assume I will have to buy TremClad metal paint for each colour, so I want to use as few colours as possible.( hopefully the paint won't peel if I use metal paint)I've never done this before, so I'm not sure of the correct method. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank You

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: painting a garden shed

If I were you, I'd prime the shed first and then apply a good quality flat latex grey. The craft stores sell those little plastic bottles of paint made especially for metal. I've used them on my mailbox and they hold up well to the weather. That should be cheaper than purchasing larger amounts and shouldn't limit your color choices.

Try doing a Google Image search on garden shed, outdoor floral mural for ideas. Also try allposters.com. I get good ideas from that site when I'm stumped.

I had one of those metal sheds once. Flowers would have been a definate improvement. Good luck with your project.

o
RE: painting a garden shed

I would paint it green and put up a trellis and plant a large climbing rose next to it. Perhaps one of the varieties that they refer to as a "house eater".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here