Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant Marker

Posted by lindasewandsew (lindasewandsew@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 14:30

I made this plant marker from license plate letters, a piece of an old fence board, and a pipe from our pool demo. It's big, colorful, and will last a long time. Linda

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant Marker

Wow!! That is really a clever idea. I like the big bold letters. It should look really nice in your garden.

o

I absolutely love that. Could I use it as a project of the week? I'd give you credit for sure.

Here is a link that might be useful: my site

o

Thanks, You're welcome to use any pics of mine on your wonderful blog Margo. I'm making another one tonight to take to DS tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get away from this computer right now and go finish it, lol. I'll post both on a new thread on GJ. Linda

o
Finished the other one-Plant Marker

Here's the other one. It's for DSs sunflowers. It has a long pole because his sunflowers are tall. My neighbors are truly nice to put up with me working in the back yard late at night. Linda

o

I love it! Now I have a reason to get some old liscense plates!

o

How are you cutting them?

o

Thanks very much. I'm cutting them with plain old tin snips. Most plates are aluminum and easy to cut. Some are steel and a little harder. I've scored and bent them back and forth in a vice and they break off pretty straight. They can also be cut with a jigsaw with a metal blade. Safety glasses and gloves are a good idea. They can be sharp. I use any drill bit to drill them. Ditto on the safety equipment while drilling them. They tend to spin.

After searching for license plates at yard sales, etc. here and not having much luck, and no luck at all finding nice color ones. I started ordering them from a guy who lives in Ohio. He's a great guy to deal with, and his prices are the best, even with shipping. Email me and I'll send you his name, etc.

o

Very nice. I have a ton I am cutting up now as well... I wasn't quite sure what I would make of them but signage is good... but I'm not much of a gardener...

maybe a "Keep Out" sign... LOL

Linda... I think we use the same supplier....LOL

o

What a great idea!

o

Hi Tomboy, Is Ron your license plate guy? I love that guy! Linda

o

yes, that's him!!!! Ron F.

Linda because of your post, I whipped out the tin snips (this project I have been procrastinating on) and have been cutting up a storm!

Thank you for much for your inspiration... Your signs look great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here