Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fruit bowl make into a floor lamp....really!

Posted by nicole__ (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 15, 09 at 14:08

I got a free old rusty floor lamp on CL. Torchier style. Then added an old fruit bowl to the top as a glass globe. Here's the before picture of the lamp base...
Antique floor lamp
Fruit bowl with the base turned over:
Photobucket
New finish for the rusty bottom:
After SF

What do you think? (I'm still working on accenting it a little)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fruit bowl make into a floor lamp....really!

It looks really cool, but the bowl looks like it started life as part of an old fashioned light fixture!! It looks great and you are very inventive!!

o

WOW! What a great combination. It looks like the fruit bowl was made for that lamp! Thanks for sharing!

o

Bowl has almost same design as the metal top part!! Look great together!Jan

o

Great idea! How did you cut the hole in the fruit bowl?
kathy

o

kathy....there was already a hole in it...the base screwed onto the glass bowl. I'm sure you could drill a hole in a bowl and achieve the same effect....just keep it cool while drilling with water, use a diamond drill bit....wear protective eyewear.

OR.....last March I went to Hobby Lobby and found the exact same bowl on a 90% off rack. :0)

o

What great style.
Good job.

o

Now I have used old floor lamps for bowling ball holders but never thought to put a fruit bowl on one! lol! It does look like it was made for that lamp. Great job combining the two!

o

Nicole what an awesome transformation! The design on the glass looks like it was meant to go with the top of the lamp too. Talk about made for each other!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here