Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Metal Stools

Posted by lpalta (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 13:03

I have a couple of old metal stools I have painted, now I am wondering if there are some cute sayings I could add?

Here is a link that might be useful: In my Trash to Treasure

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Metal Stools

Don't know of any sayings but they sure are great finds! Enjoy! Jan

o

I love them! Nice paint job.
Choose a phrase from your favorite book or poem. Or something silly from a children's book or poem, depending on what you want. If you'd like a funny vintage "saying" you could choose a song title form the 20's see link below. (Ain't Misbehavin' for example) Did you do the painting on the bottle recycling! Those are awesome too.
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Best songs of the 1920s

o

Kathy, You gave me a great idea--can't wait to show you! It's funny, my dad was an artist but I can't draw a straight line, even with a ruler. I painted an old cardboard barrel the kids gave me, traced the image onto it and went over the traced image with a sharpie. I am always Goggling for images to trace. I can' remember where I found the image for this idea, but the sign originally said something about the Wee Haggis. I did some editing and inserted the can of soda.

Lucy

Here is a link that might be useful: Click on the Gardenweb link to see my other projects.

o

I can't wait to see it!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here