Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2 New Projects - Lamp and Lizard Ball

Posted by Lydia1959 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 16, 05 at 13:00

I found this old light fixture for $2.00 at a yard sale, a little cleaning up and a couple coats of paint and it is ready to hang in my kitchen (as soon as I replace 1 piece of missing glass).
Image hosted by TinyPic.com
Here is a lizard ball (plastic lizards glued onto a bowling ball). Just found the "stand" today - the top section of an old fire extinguisher.
Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2 New Projects - Lamp and Lizard Ball

The light is really pretty and I love the lizard ball... Very clever!! :)

o

I got a light fixture very similar to that one a couple of years ago. I'd have to go to the old garage to look to make sure. The garage is full of things that I 'haven't had time to do anything with'. I like the way yours looks now.

o

Great job! Lydia, did you get your lizards from Oriental Trading? I keep meaning to order some and I just don't do it! Wish I could find some locally. Anybody seen any in the stores?

o

The light fixture is great, but the bowling ball is my idea of recycling junk and making something good. Bowling ball, fire extinguisher and lizards. Wow!!! This looks soooo good. Thanks for showing it.

o
RE: Lizard Ball

The lizard balls are so cute! I found the idea
on another site, an artist by the name of Eileen.
She also features a dragonfly ball on her site
with instructions, paint suggestions and more.

I'm working on a similar ball right now, but will
alter it just a tad. Very cute!

http://www.treasuresfromdj.net/images/ball3.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Bowling ball with lizards...

o

Wuvie- thanks for the website! I also did a bowling ball with frogs and lizards on it - ones my DD had collected when she was younger.

I gave it to my Mom to put out in her yard, but she set in on her fireplace hearth instead. When my sister-in-law saw it she asked Mom where she found the sculpture. LOL That was a nice compliment!

Here is a link that might be useful: Frog and Lizard Ball

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here