Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dog bed from dresser drawer/Headboard?

Posted by kittymommy (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 29, 05 at 12:02

I saw a photo of a pet bed that appeared to be a dresser drawer with a headboard. Molding was added to the front of the drawer where the knobs normally would be and on the headboard. I have some old dresser drawers and I would like to try this but I can't think of anything that would fit on the back of drawer that I could use for a headboard. I'm not that talented with a saw so I can't make one. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dog bed from dresser drawer/Headboard?

How about a short picket fence section? The type you would use for flower beds..something fancier might be to cover a piece of heavy cardboard cut to size with padding and fabic..I like the idea of the bed..would make a cute cat bed also..my cats never sleep where I want them to though :0)
gardenlady

o

I'm getting ready to make a cat bed out of an old drawer! Someone on this forum gave me the idea. I wasn't planning on adding a back. Maybe you could go to a place that sells architectual things and find something there? The top piece of an old narrow dresser might work or maybe you could cut something down. Post pictures once you get finished - I'd like to see it!

o

you might try a spindle on each corner for a '4-poster' You could put some of the little round pieces or knobs for the bottom also to raise it up a bit.

Yes you could use heavy cardboard or light wood and pad and upholster to match the mattress. I agree with the wood or plastic 'fences' for gardens..they make some that look like headboards. And the plastic ones are easy to cut and glue or nail or screw on.

o

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! The fence idea sounds cute bu I wanted a solid back that I might have roses and my cat name written on. Maybe I can find someone that does the One Stroke paint. Good ideas here! I'll post photos when it's completed.

o

What? It's been two days and you still haven't finished it and posted pics? :o) Just kidding!!!

That really sounds like a great idea. My little terrahua (terrier/chihuahua mix) likes to curl up in a blanket or under the bed in a corner...she might like the enclosed feeling from sleeping in a dresser drawer doggy bed.

Please post photos if ya'll get them made.

~ Cat

o

My daughter made this dog bed. Not from drawers, but really nice looking anyway.

Moni

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

How adorable! Your daughter is very talented - Great Job! The dogs are beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here