Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE II - different packaging?

Posted by mad_about_mickey (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 11:45

When I went to purchase more there were two made by GE.

The tube i purchased has GE II clear in top right
corner of the 'label'. Window/door/attic basement on white
part of label.
On blue background it says 'premium waterproof silicone.'
It says 3 hr rainready- sun/freeze proof won't crack or crumble.
Is this the same stuff?
The other tube said something that this one didn't , but can't remember now....
Thanks !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE II - different packaging?

My tube is white. chartreuse and gold. It says "silicone II clear" on the top right hand side. Then "Premium Silicone Glue" in the chartreuse part and "waterproof and airtight - sun/freeze proof" in the gold part. This works for me.

I also have a large tube that you use with a gun but I haven't used it yet. It is a blue and gold tube and says it is for doors and windows.

Hope this helps.

Marylee

o

Oh- I should have clarified, It is the big tube for the gun. And it is a white tube with gold and blue boxes with the wording on them and a picture of a curved top window on the left side of the tube. (1/2 of a window).

o

I'm sorry I couldn't help you, but I am sure you will hear from some of the "junkers". They are very knowledgeable and always helpful.

Marylee

o

Yes- they changed their labeling. It took me a while to figure out which one to use, too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here