Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to make recycle paper

Posted by luthien (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 13, 09 at 11:02

hello there :)
this is my first time posting on trash to treasure though i frequent crafts&decor and tole&painting forums. but i thought my latest project would be better suited here :))

have you ever wondered what to do with printed materials that have already been recycled? ie... printed on the back side as well. well... my printed papers were definitely piling up so i had a little crazy idea. i tore them up and mashed them and made a bunch of new paper out of them. the way i did it is not necessarily the most correct way but i did get quite a bit of recycled paper out of it... for use in my other crafts :) i posted the whole tutorial in my blog so i'll leave a link to my blog for those of you who are interested in reading more. but i'll leave you with a couple of pics here :)

making recycle paper for gw

hope you enjoyed that :) love to hear what you think or if you have a different way of making paper :)
have a creative week!

hugs,
luthien :))

Here is a link that might be useful: where you can find the full tutorial

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to make recycle paper

Thanks Luthien! What a great idea. I took a papermaking class years ago, but you make it seem easier somehow. I think an old window screen could be used too, I have some of the ones that you insert into the window and slide open. Maybe I could take one apart. The trick would be getting the right size of transparency. I've also seen amazing things made with the pulp. Once you squeeze most of the water out of it, the pulp can be used to sculpt shapes. If anyone is interested in that aspect just google paper pulp sculpture or paper mache sculpture.
kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here