Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Recycled Mailboxes

Posted by lpalta (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 22, 10 at 10:37

The large one holds napkins and the smaller one our gloves. I have an old jelly cupboard and a couple of dressers I would like to funky paint. Anyone have links to tutorials for painting funky furniture?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Recycled Mailboxes

Love your whimsy, and your style of gardening!!

o

Very cute!! I guess type in "funky furniture " & see what comes up!! I shared a booth at boutique on Ventura Blvd with friend for couple of months over Christmas 1 year. Someone came in & had high chairs, kitchen chairs , ladders, tables etc she just gave quick spray of 10 colors of paint so they were really wild & bright. She sold a lot too. Some stuff had lots of "drips" on it & she used paint brush for those. Just looked to me like she stood on the chair to paint & was sloppy painter, I didn't care for those but they did sell, back then.

o

Cute!! Did you do this with a Sharpie or de coupage?

I'm forever resting items at the bottom of our stairs for my teen son to take up....his book, his hat, etc-- I've thought of putting an oversized mailbox at the bottom stair so I could stick the items in there....and raise the flag to signal that he has a package....if I make it a game, do you think he'd take them up and not just step over the item I so rudely left in his path?

You could probably find a book at the library- or general info. with a net search on furniture painting. I've considered getting, but have not, the e-book on this topic from www.Altered.com -- they sell "altered funky furniture". I've long been a fan of David Marsh...a Texas painted furniture designer.

o

Thanks everyone and next stop is to google altered.com and David Marsh. Oh golly, I have yet one more mailbox and you know I will be putting it at the bottom of the stairs. Thanks for such a clever idea!!!

o
RE: My Mailboxes

Oh, I did this with a sharpie--then I sprayed it with clear gloss. Actually I painted the first one with a layer of clear gloss and it smeared a tad. So, next one I sprayed the first coat and did the second coat with a brush.

o

Very clever! I especially like the first one.

o

too cute. Love your art work.

o

Cute! Cute! Love your idea.

o

Those are sooo cute! Would you mind if I borrowed the 1st pic to put on a greeting card for my mom? TIA.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here