Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found a Nice Old Window

Posted by craftylady-2006 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 07 at 9:41

I found a great old window yesterday and have been wanting to do something like this since I see it in my country decorating mags. I placed it on top of a sea chest which I also found and hung my recently made Americana Sheep Wreath from it. I got the old tool box at an antique store and then added the stacking boxes and oil lamp also. I really like this look, so country simple.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found a Nice Old Window

Hey Sal, That is really awesome!!! What a great find on that window. Your display looks really great, as always!!!

o

Love it, I'm gonna add it to my windows page. the whole setting looks great.

Here is a link that might be useful: Windows

o

Looks great!!

o

Thank you for the wonderful comments. It's also from this forum that I get my inspiration on decorating. There are so many great "designers" among us.

Margo, I am honored again that you have chosen something of mine for your website. I feel like such a celebrity!

o

Wow crafty! that is such a beautiful display!
Magazine perfect. Really great job!

Hazie

o

I found about 5 old windows, I am going to paint them and put a shelf on the bottom and on the back put material with velcro on it so I can change the theme with the seasons. and make matching pillows. Hope it works.

o

Thank you for this inspiration! So glad I saw this thread as I have an old trunk I didn't know what to do with now that I have rearranged. It will make a nice vignette in my shabby chic guest room.

o

Not only is that a great window, but you just have such a knack for putting things together in nice little settings. Not everyone can do that. It's a talent!

o

That's a cute setting, you sure found some nice stuff. Glad you decided to keep the chest inside:)lol Was the window already the right color? Great job on the setting, I really like it a lot!

o

Yes the window was already painted my favorite shade of red (Rookwood Red by Americana decorative paints). Whether or not this is that particular color, it's perfect for the rest of the setting in that room. Kudz, I'm also glad I bought the trunk back inside, it is pretty and in good shape. Maybe I'll find another one for outside planting.

Patty, and others for that matter, have you been to Robolady's website yet? She has some wonderful tips and tricks for easy decorating, including how you'd like to do that window Patty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here