Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Patio screen ideas

Posted by suzysparklesalot (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 17, 06 at 9:05

Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking here for a while. I love all your projects and am planning some of my own soon.
My question today is: What can I use to make a L-shaped privacy screen for my small yard. We are on a corner lot and there is no privacy. I have been very busy making beautiful flower beds but it would be great to have a cook out or read a book and not feel like everyone is staring.
Any ideas? Anyone have pictures? I had thought of using old doors some how but not sure how to do it. I am open to all suggestions.
Thanks,
Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Patio screen ideas

I made a screen out of some old display racks that I got for free from work.
I framed them and then planted jasmine to grow up the lattice.
They work real well.
If you can't find anything similar to what I have, you can buy lattice at Home Depot and frame them in the same way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Screen

o
RE: Patio screen ideas

If you had 2 old screen doors you could hinge them together and paint the screens with a fun picture. I've read that there is a front and back to a screen and depending on how you paint them, you can see out, but other people can't see in! Plus you'd have a cool outdoor painting in your area.

You could try a search over at the Garden Junk forum. They usually have lots of good ideas too. I hope you'll post a pic of whatever you come up with! ~Anj

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here