Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie-Painted Old Window

Posted by
craftylady-2006
(gw:craftylady-2006) on
Mon, Jul 10, 06 at 6:45

Hi Folks,

I'm a newbie and found this site two days ago. I am quite impressed with the "treasures" both found and made by members of this forum. I am also doubly impressed by the friendliness of the members in their posts. I hope you will welcome me also. I am attaching a pic of an old window that I decorative painted. Please comment. Do you think I could sell these?

Sal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie-Painted Old Window

Sal, Welcome!!! Can't wait to see your painted window.

o

Here's a link to her pic...

Here is a link that might be useful: painted window

o

Wow~Sal~ that is gourd-e-us! I have some old windows I want to paint and you have inspired me to get to it. ha I was wondering how I was going to hang them as well so now that I see yours I can do that too! Thanks for posting!! ~Anj

o

That is awesome! Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I love it!!

o

That's great and there is a perfect spot for it on my shed.Good job.
Kathi

o

Thank you for your wonderful comments. The window pane is almost 2 inches thick so the hook worked well. When hanging it, remember to find a wall stud. I was thinking of painting one with that "Gallery Glass" so it looked like a stained window, will let you know how it comes out. Hopefully I can post more pics of other things I've painted. Sal

o

Hello all, I also am new to the forum. I acquired a bunch of old windows and have done about 8 so far. I did a Red Hatters Faux Stained Glass, and many more. I would like to put them on and get your comments. Thanks

o

Follow up to message, I have the Bucket Photo, how do I get the photos to go with message? Thanks

o

Crafter Cheryl: I have some pics on Photo Bucket also but haven't figured it out yet. Did you get the "Thank you for Registering Email" - there is a tutorial link in that email, at least I've read that much so far. I really need to get in gear here and get this done. Sal

o

Hi Cheryl, Welcome to Garden Web. I will try and help you. I also have some pics with photo bucket. Please email me
covrett5@earthlink.net
And I'll help you out.

o

Covrett - You sure are a sweety in helping others post their pics. I have two digital movies of New England to send to you but downsized "everything" and can't remember what I did so I can get it back. Will try again.

Sal

o

Isn't there supposed to be a wy to get your pictures here?

o

Covrett, I sent you the pictures in a e-mail. I really appreciate the help. Thanks again.

o

Here are some of Cheryl's awesome windows she has done...

Here is a link that might be useful: craftercheryl's windows

o

I hope these pictures show up. Thanks Covrett.....

Here is a link that might be useful: CrafterCheryls Windows

o

If you have your pictures in Photobucket...copie the "tag" and paste it here on your preview it should show up. It it doesn't then you don't have to hit submit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here