Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!

Posted by forboystoo (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 2:14

I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate the new beer I picked-up..
Comes in a GREAT blue bottle.The label comes off but I've got to work on the glue.
I've never made a bottle tree and love the ones I've seen here.
Maybe one will be in my future.
Better start drinking...:)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!

Sorry...I think I should have posted in Garden Junk forum.

o

I've found some of those commercial labels don't respond well to water but are more of a peel-and-stick type of adhesive. I had some wine bottles with labels that would not come off no matter how long they were soaked. Finally warmed one in the oven and it peeled right off. Too hot and it set up like concrete, so it was a tricky operation. I haven't tried it on these Bud bottles, but I love blue bottles for my white wines.

o

They come off easy! I peal the 2 labels off then get some Goo off and a scrubby, this removes the sticky stuff then a good wash in hot water and some Dawn. Walla!!! you now have a clean bottle.

o

I know! I love the new platinum bottles. The craft ideas are endless.

o

I believe you mean 'voila', which is French for "Ta da!". Walla is half of a town in Washington. :-D

o

I love these!!! I didn't have to use anything but soap and water to get the label off. Ran it under hot water, peeled it off then a little soap on a sponge and the sticky stuff came right off.
Think I'll make a peacock for the yard with them. Will use the bottles for the tail.
They sure are a gorgeous blue.

o

Here's a lovely stained glass bottle window ornament, from Bealtaine permaculture cottage in Ireland.

Here is a link that might be useful: lovely ornament

o

Oh my gosh, that is a beautiful window. Almost makes me want a kiln to flatten bottles in, but I don't have the talent to put them together with other glass.
I love it tho, thanks for showing.

There's a person around my area who sells flattened gray goose vodka and other interesting bottles to use as appetizer plates.

I passed up 3 of those blue beer bottles that were sitting on the curb a while back. I was in a hurry, then I regretted it ever since. such a nice size.

Kathy

o

Another cool idea, if you can find someone with a kiln, is to fire the blue bottles until they are flat, carefully drill a small hole in the top, and make windchimes!!!! That's why I 'forced' myself to consume many, many bottles of Bud Platinum beer one summer, just to have plenty of blue bottles for future projects! (man, that sucked to have to do! hahahahaha)

o

I think it's so wonderful when manufacturers come up with such lovely and recyclable materials as these beautiful BLUE bottles. I think we ought to send them thank you notes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here