Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Junk Brothers (HGTV)

Posted by nwroselady (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 14, 06 at 0:17

Anyone see this new show, debued last night (Wednesdays, 11:00 pm)? It features two brothers who drive around, find stuff left out on the curb, pick it up, refurbish it and return it (unasked) to the original owners.

In the first episode, they turned an old dresser into a kitchen island with a new top, and turned an old cooking range into a barbeque with wheels. Bummer! I just bought a new stove and was delighted to have the installer remove the old one. I could have made it into a barbeque. On the other hand, I don't have all the tools the Junk Brothers have. Their workshop is a dream of space and organization.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Junk Brothers (HGTV)

Sounds like a good show. I will try to catch it next time it's on.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: HGTV Junk Brothers

o

I agree, Roselady. I yelled and told my DH to come and look. Their work area is to kill for! The thing that got me was the amount of money they probably spent on turning that "junk" into "treasure"! I don't know how practical the idea really is, but it's sure interesting! LOL

o

I have free long distance phone so I called my sis in Ohio and we watched it together. I'm in New England. I really liked the kitchen island but wasn't too personally thrilled with the stove BBQ. It was definitely a "man's thing." We laughed when one of the guys jumped on top and the other pushed him down the road. I wonder what they'll make next week. I checked their website but it doesn't say. Wish it wasn't on so late. HGTV Rocks!!!

o

They are turning a desk into bedside tables and a bicycle into a ceiling fan....I know, but that is what I read..no kidding...

o

Hi everyone! Great ideas all you folks come up with! i really don't think you need the Junk Brothers to help any of you out! i think you all are wonderful! such fresh and fantastic ideas. the junk brothers is a canadian tv programme (and i am a canadian) you might like to try out HGTV.ca. thanks again for all your wonderful ideas!!!(and follow the links for their programme)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here