SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zoiepoo

Help me with ideas for rustic/unusual hooks

zoiepoo
18 years ago

Here is my scenerio. I am leasing a log cabin built in 1890's. (I have frequented this old log cabin with my children for over 20 years but just obtained the lease three years ago.) My heat is from a wood burning stove and I visit as soon as I can make a path thru what I hope is the last snow of the winter and as late as Thanksgiving - so I use the stove alot. I have found it very useful to hang things up that need drying behind the stove overnight like a dishtowel, bath towel, soaked coat or hat.

I would love to use something for the hooks or coat rack type of "thing" that is really unusual and/or rustic. I would like there to be a number of hooks that would go across the full space behind the stove - maybe 3 feet because with visitors we have alot of wet "stuff".

For theme ideas: We have bear, mountain lion and of course deer since it is called Deer Lick Mineral Springs and is in the N.CA Trinity Alps mountains. The cabin is called "Up the Creek" as there is a winding creek that is on 2 1/1 sides of the cabin. There are trout in the creek. There are no moose but I lived in Alaska and love fun "moose" stuff.

I am thinking I should stay away from wood or a flamable material due to the closeness to the wood burning stove but on the other hand it has never been a problem when we hung "stuff" back there.

I would love any ideas any of you might have. Thank you so much. Below is a link to my photos on the web and you can find the Deer Lick cabin photos to get an idea of what the cabin looks like.

Here is a link that might be useful: cabin photos

Comments (13)

Sponsored