Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
here's another use for wood spool

Posted by ess1 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 15, 06 at 22:02

this was very easy and fast to do, fits in great at the lake cabin! Just red paint half , paint the other half white and attached a painted blue board to the back top!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: here's another use for wood spool

Cute! Great idea!
Sue

o

HELP? This is JUST WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING TO DO (custom folk art designs on wood spool/round boards, for decorating house and garden)... Where does one FIND wood spools/round boards this SIZE (22" diameter or WIDER)???
I'm at wit's end... nothing on Ebay (15" diameter seems to be the max for 'craft' round boards) , Google searches turn up MANUFACTURERS for utility companies (so are well beyond my price range)... I'm looking for the discarded ones to 'recycle'... ANY IDEAS??
Thanks...
Shea

o

Shea, find a local electrician, and ask him to save them for ya. I have about 6 of various sizes, we are rural, that might make a difference, but if nothing else ask the electric company. I am sure you could have several, they just lay around getting old around here!
Aside from that, no suggestions.

o

Lowes has round wood disks in many sizes. If you are in to paying for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here