Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Site for Uses for Old Ladders?

Posted by Des_Arc_Ya_Ya (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 05 at 21:11

Anybody know of a good one? I found a few, but most just show one idea and that's a plant ladder! LOL Would like to find one with photos, if possible. Thanks!

Just aquired two long old wooden ladders for free! (Well, they cost me a thumbnail! LOL)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Site for Uses for Old Ladders?

I just bought 2 small wooden ladders at a garage sale. I saw in a store where they had hung a ladder from the ceiling with chains and It was at Christmas time and they had it decorated with twinkle lights and christmas greenery. It was really cute. My DH built me a cottage and I'm going to hang them in their and hang stuff from them.
Hope you get alot of ideas.

o

Here's a picture of a shorter ladder turned into a shelf unit. I have a short ladder than leans against the wall and hanging on the rungs are a couple vintage baby quilts. How about using them as trellis' for some large climbing plant?

Here is a link that might be useful: shelf from ladder

o

If you garden at all, you caould lay it on the ground and use the sections for an herb garden.

o

I saw this post last week and had to wait to answer til I had time to "join". So I'm new here, but have some ideas for an old ladder. We made a hanger for pots and pans from about 3 feet of the ladder. Hung it with a chain and put hooks on to whole pans. With the rest of the ladder, I am going to mount a mirror behind the rungs and hang it longways across the wall. If these ideas are not clear, I will try to post a pic or two.

o

I saw on TV some time ago where they took a long ladder and cut it and made it into a star shaped shelf...it was great. Maybe on Debbie Travis. I have seen them used as magazine racks in bathrooms or family rooms. Also as a quilt rack.

Also, do a search on this forum for many good ideas.

o

I have a step ladder in my flower garden that I planted vines and am anticipating how it will look.
Also I use a ladder to hold up my tomatoe plants. I use posts pounded in the soil to position the ladder horizontally above the plants,tie the ladder at the posts so they grow up throught the holes between the rungs. They flop over the rungs and it keeps them of the ground.
I have a step ladder half I want to use as a trellis against a building.
I am a gardener, can you tell?

o

DH is building an archway, for lack of the correct word, to enter out back yard out of fence posts like they use around fields, that still has the bark on them and across the top he is using an old wood ladder. He is going to plant vines around the posts and of course i will hang something t2t from the rungs. It's going to be beautiful.

o

Still has the bark on. I saw somebody do an arbor with green wood like that. The next year, suckers were growing up all around it.
jan

o

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of fruit picker's ladders. Any condition.
Regards
Jane Thomson

o

There's a new magazine out...about trash to treasure. I've only bought it once, but it had directions on how to turn a ladder into a cool bookshelf by cutting off the angle side and attaching AC vent grates to the steps.

Also using the other side as a towel rack in the bath.

You could probably figure this out yourself but you can email me and I can hunt for my copy and mail it to you.

Good luck.

o

Found some options on Decorating Cents

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_refurbish_reuse_recycle/article/0,1793,HGTV_3490_5223328_02,00.html

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Not my artwork, unsure of who to give credit to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here