Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
school desk

Posted by amaqan (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 12, 11 at 19:31

Photobucket

Put this together yesterday. The metal has alot of deail that doesn't show up well with the rust so I may go ahead and paint it. Found the metal part in the river behind our house. The wood is from an old broken nail keg I kept " just in case"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: school desk

I want to come play at your house!! Love the rust on the desk & the other 2 items I see are great too! That wheel borrow thing with flat top & the carrier looks like it is minus it's wheels or maybe just hidden in the grass! Neat stuff! I sat at a desk similar to that with inkwell & when my bottle of ink was open some kid stuck my long braid in it & my mom was not happy about the ink all over my clothes. My hair got cut off.I went to 1 room schoolhouse in So. Dak. Nice work! Jan

o

Thank you Jan!
The wheelborrow metal wheel and attachments were also found behind my house on the river banks. We added the wood from some old projects. The dolly does have wheels hidden in the grass. Bought it at a garage sale last year for a dollar. A Dollar!!!!! The guy was so funny when I questioned the price....said he couldn't take more then it was worth when new. :)
Come play anytime....summers are best as winter are hard here!
Amaqan

o

What a perfect plant stand you have made. Amazing what people would throw in the river.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here